SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. ‒ January 30, 2023 – Barrett-Jackson supercharged the collector car hobby by kicking off the 2023 auction calendar with their flagship Scottsdale Auction, January 21-29 at WestWorld of Scottsdale. In dynamic and trendsetting fashion, the historic event featured a diverse docket of 1,907 No Reserve collectible vehicles totaling more than $184.2 million in auction sales and surpassing 200 world auction records. Leading the charge was the 1989 Ferrari F40 that sold for $2.75 million. Over 1,100 pieces of authentic automobilia were also auctioned for more than $6.41 million, bringing total auction sales above $190.6 million.
Paying homage to its charitable roots, Barrett-Jackson also sold five vehicles for charity, with 100 percent of the hammer price from each vehicle benefiting its respective nonprofit initiative. Led by the 2024 GMC HUMMER EV Edition SUV VIN 001 First Retail Production that hammered for $500,000, the five vehicles raised $1.89 million for charity. To date, Barrett-Jackson has helped raise more than $151 million for charity, surpassing the $150 million milestone on Friday in Scottsdale.
The top 10 auction vehicles that sold during the 2023 Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale Auction included:
- 1989 Ferrari F40 (Lot #1405.1) – $2,750,000
- 2005 Porsche Carrera GT (Lot #1405) – $1,595,000
- 2019 Ford GT Lightweight Carbon Series (Lot #1419) – $1,320,000
- 2020 Ford GT Carbon Series (Lot #1390) – $1,320,000
- 1966 Shelby Group II Mustang – Built for Ken Miles (Lot #1396) – $770,000
- 1967 Chevrolet Corvette Custom Convertible (Lot #1367) – $770,000
- 1969 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 (Lot #1353) – $770,000
- 2012 Lexus LFA (Lot #1382) – $748,000
- 2021 Ferrari SF90 (Lot #1391) – $742,500
- 2019 Lamborghini Aventador SVJ (Lot #1407) – $671,000
“The ‘Barrett-Jackson Magic’ once again made Scottsdale the ultimate place to enjoy the automotive lifestyle,” said Steve Davis, president of Barrett-Jackson. “Our docket perfectly catered to every type of collector and met the demand for professionally built Resto-Mods and original, numbers-matching muscle, as well as the industry-leading selection of quality 4x4s. I’m also proud to celebrate our charity efforts over the years. Together with our collector car family, we’re lifting people’s burden so they can focus on healing mentally, physically and spiritually.”
Several of the most powerful moments during the 2023 Scottsdale Auction featured a vibrant arena of generous bidders and the sales of five charity vehicles that together raised $1.89 million. The charity vehicles that sold during the 2023 Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale Auction included:
- 2021 Shelby Super Snake Count’s Kustoms Edition (Lot #3000) – $350,000 to benefit Camp Freedom
- 2023 Ford F-150 Lightning 4×4 Super Crew Pickup (Lot #3001) – $275,000 to benefit Fighter Country Foundation
- 2024 GMC Hummer EV Edition SUV VIN 001 First Retail Production (Lot #3002) – $500,000 to benefit Tread Lightly!
- General Colin L. Powell’s 2015 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (Lot #3003) – $200,000 to benefit America’s Promise Alliance
- 2024 Ford Mustang GT Fastback VIN 001 (Lot #3004) – $565,000 to benefit JDRF. The Mustang hammered for $490,000 and received an additional $75,000 in donations from generous guests on the auction block.
Nancy Brown, CEO of the American Heart Association (AHA), joined Barrett-Jackson Chairman and CEO Craig Jackson and President Steve Davis on the podium to mark the five-year anniversary of the Driven Hearts campaign. The Driven Hearts campaign has reached millions and raised millions to benefit the American Heart Association.
With over 1,100 authentic pieces of automobilia auctioning for more than $6.41 million, the top three sales included:
- 1942 17-foot Chris Craft Special Runabout “Wood” Boat Bar (Lot #9484) – $120,750
- Large Ferrari Dealership Sign (Lot #9391.4) – $95,450
- Circa 1940s-50s Carriage Motors Animated Neon Porcelain Sign (Lot #9490.3) – $86,250
Barrett-Jackson returns to Palm Beach for its second collector car auction of 2023, April 13-15. Advance ticket pricing and VIP packages for the 2023 Palm Beach Auction are available here. Consignments for the 2023 Palm Beach Auction are being accepted here and those interested in registering to bid may do so here.
About The Barrett-Jackson Auction Company
Established in 1971 and headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, Barrett-Jackson, The World’s Greatest Collector Car Auctions, is the leader in collector car auctions and automotive lifestyle events, which include authentic automobilia auctions and the sale of private collections. Welcoming over 500,000 attendees per year, Barrett-Jackson produces live collector car auctions in Scottsdale, Arizona; Palm Beach, Florida; Las Vegas, Nevada; and Houston, Texas, where thousands of the most sought-after, unique and valuable automobiles cross the block in front of a global audience. With broadcast partner A+E Networks, Barrett-Jackson features live television coverage of their events on FYI and The HISTORY Channel, as well as all the cars, all the time via their produced livestream on Barrett-Jackson.com. Barrett-Jackson also endorses a one-of-a-kind collector car insurance for collector vehicles and other valued belongings. For more information about Barrett-Jackson, visit www.barrett-jackson.com, or call 480-421-6694.
If you like stories like these and other classic car features, check out Old Cars magazine. CLICK HERE to subscribe.
Want a taste of Old Cars magazine first? Sign up for our weekly e-newsletter and get a FREE complimentary digital issue download of our print magazine.
*As an Amazon Associate, Old Cars earns from qualifying purchases.