SOUTH BEND, IN – The Studebaker National Museum has announced vehicle applications are now open for the fifth annual Concours d’Elegance at Copshaholm, co-presented by LaVine Restorations & The JBS Collection. This exclusive gathering celebrates automotive design, engineering and culture and will be held Saturday, July 8, 2023, in South Bend, Indiana. The Concours will open to the public at 10am and will close at 4pm. The Pass In Review and Awards ceremony will begin at 2:30pm.
The 2023 featured marques are Oldsmobile and Jaguar. Full Classic® Indianapolis-built automobiles will be showcased as will twelve- and sixteen-cylinder Full Classic® motorcars. The Concours at Copshaholm will celebrate the 70th anniversary of the Corvette as well as vehicles over 100 years old in the “Centennial Club” class. Other class highlights include American station wagons, Harley-Davidson motorcycles, pick-up trucks, as well as Raymond Loewy-era Studebakers. Rounding out the show field will be “New Deal Motoring” featuring popular-priced cars built between 1933 and 1942.
Awards will be presented in all classes, as well as Best of Show and other special awards of distinction. The Concours at Copshaholm’s Chief Judge is renowned automotive scholar and historian Matt Short. Judging will be French Traditional. The awards ceremony will be narrated by automotive historian and raconteur, Bill Rothermel.
To submit your car for application…
visit: www.concoursatcopshaholm.org/vehicleapplication. The full class list is shown below. The submission deadline is March 17, 2023, and owners will be notified of the Selection Committee’s decision by April 7, 2023.
- The American Station Wagon – An open class for American-built station wagons
- The Best Thing on Wheels: Oldsmobile – A class for Oldsmobile-branded automobiles
- The Centennial Club: Pre-1923 Automobiles – An open class for all automobiles built in 1923 or prior
- The Corvette at 70 – Corvettes of all years (35-year rule waived for this class)
- Grace, Space and Pace: Jaguar – SS and Jaguar automobiles
- Harley-Davidson Motorcycles – Harley-Davidson bikes made prior to 1987
- Haul of Fame: Pickup Trucks – An open class for pickup trucks
- Indianapolis Classics: Cole, Duesenberg, Marmon, National, Stutz – A class for all Indianapolis-built Full Classic® automobiles
- Multi-cylinder Motoring: The Twelves and Sixteens – An open class for automobiles with twelve or sixteen cylinder engines
- New Deal Motoring: 1933-1942 – An open class for 1933-1942 “affordable” automobiles
- Studebaker’s Finest: The Raymond Loewy Era – A class for 1938-1955 Studebakers, 1956 Hawks, and the Studebaker Avanti
For more information, visit: www.concoursatcopshaholm.org.
If you like stories like these and other classic car features, check out Old Cars magazine. CLICK HERE to subscribe.
Want a taste of Old Cars magazine first? Sign up for our weekly e-newsletter and get a FREE complimentary digital issue download of our print magazine.
*As an Amazon Associate, Old Cars earns from qualifying purchases.