The Minnesota Vikings have three games in the books in 2022, with a 2-1 record heading into Week 4.
Rookie skipper Kevin O’Connell won for the second time, surviving a topsy-turvy game against the Detroit Lions, 28-24. Next up, the Vikings fly over the Atlantic Ocean to take on the New Orleans Saints in London.
The Vikings are early 2.5-point favorites versus the Saints, who lost in Week 3 to the Carolina Panthers, 22-14. Minnesota is currently considered around the 9th-best team in the NFL, per an assortment of credible power rankings.
These are the Vikings defensive rankings through Week 3.
- 3rd in Yards per Point Allowed
- 5th in Fewest Defensive Penalty Yards
- 6th in 2nd Half Points Allowed
- 7th in Fewest Defensive Penalties
- 8th in Points per Play Allowed
- 9th in Points Allowed
- 11th in INT %
- 12th in Sacks
- 12th in Most Takeaways
- 13th in Defensive 3rd Down Conv %
- 14th in Passer Rating Allowed
- 14th in TDs Allowed
- 17th in Sack %
- 18th in Defensive EPA/Play
- 18th in Yards per Rush Allowed
- 19th in Redzone TD % Allowed
- 20th in Passing Defense DVOA
- 21st in 1st Half Points Allowed
- 24th in Rushing Yards Allowed
- 25th in Defensive DVOA
- 26th in Yards per Play Allowed
- 26th in 1st Downs Allowed
- 28th in Completion % Allowed
- 28th in Yards per Pass Allowed
- 29th in Passing Yards Allowed
- 30th in Yards Allowed
- 31st in Rushing Defense DVOA
- 31st in Rushing TDs Allowed
Dustin Baker is a political scientist who graduated from the University of Minnesota in 2007. Subscribe to his daily YouTube Channel, VikesNow. He hosts a podcast with Bryant McKinnie, which airs every Wednesday with Raun Sawh and Sally from Minneapolis. His Viking fandom dates back to 1996. Listed guilty pleasures: Peanut Butter Ice Cream, ‘The Sopranos,’ and The Doors (the band).