The Minnesota Vikings have 12 games in the books in 2022, with a 10-2 record exiting Week 13.
Rookie head coach Kevin O’Connell won for a 10th time in Week 12, thanks to a nailbiter victory over the then-7-4 New York Jets. Next up, the Vikings hit the road to play the 5-7 Detroit Lions, the ninth seed in the NFC’s evolving playoff picture. Detroit has an 8% of reaching the postseason, per FiveThirtyEight.com.
The Vikings are 2.5-point underdogs on the road against the Lions, who belittled the Jacksonville Jaguars 40-14 at Ford Field on Sunday.
These are the Vikings defensive rankings through Week 13.
Note: With bye weeks underway, all stats are “per game.”
- 4th in Takeaways
- 6th in 4th Quarter Points Allowed
- 7th in Yards per Point Allowed
- 7th in Fewest Defensive Penalties
- 9th in Defensive 4th Down Conv %
- 9th in INT %
- 12th in Fewest Defensive Penalty Yards
- 13rd in Defensive 3rd Down Conv %
- 14th in Rushing Defense DVOA
- 14th in Passing TDs Allowed
- 14th in Sacks
- 15th in Defensive EPA/Play
- 15th in TDs Allowed
- 16th in Points per Play Allowed
- 16th in Rushing Yards Allowed
- 17th in Yards per Rush Allowed
- 17th in 1st Half Points Allowed
- 18th in Defense DVOA
- 18th in Sack %
- 18th in Passer Rating Allowed
- 19th in Rushing TDs Allowed
- 20th in Redzone TD % Allowed
- 21st in Points Allowed
- 24th in Completion % Allowed
- 25th in 2nd Half Points Allowed
- 26th in 1st Downs Allowed
- 30th in Yards per Play Allowed
- 31st in Yards Allowed
- 32nd in Yards per Pass Allowed
- 32nd in Passing Yards Allowed
Dustin Baker is a political scientist who graduated from the University of Minnesota in 2007. Subscribe to his daily YouTube Channel, VikesNow. He hosts a podcast with Bryant McKinnie, which airs every Wednesday with Raun Sawh and Sally from Minneapolis. His Viking fandom dates back to 1996. Listed guilty pleasures: Peanut Butter Ice Cream, ‘The Sopranos,’ and The Doors (the band).