Dimension 10: Avoiding Substance Abuse and Other Risk-Taking Behavior:
Avoiding Substance Abuse and Other Risk-Taking Behavior includes not participating in behavior that is inappropriate, self-damaging or adversely impacts organizational functioning. This includes alcohol and drug abuse, domestic violence, the sale of drugs and gambling. Substance Abuse and Other Risk-Taking Behavior include:
• Abusing alcohol and legally prescribed drugs (e.g., pain killers, steroids);
• Using illegal drugs;
• Missing work due to alcohol use;
• Drinking alcohol on duty;
• Coming to work intoxicated, smelling of alcohol or hung-over;
• Being involved in and/or being arrested for off-duty incidents;
• Having a history of DUI arrests;
• Gambling to the point of causing harm to oneself;
• Engaging in self-destructive coping behaviors; and
• Committing domestic violence.
For more information regarding POST Personality-Based Competencies, click the link below:
Peace Officer Psychological Screening Manual
If you failed your NYPD Psychological Evaluation or have been disqualified for any reason and would like to schedule a free consultation, please contact Kevin Sheerin at 516 248 0040.
Facebook: Law_Office_of Kevin_P._Sheerin