In the next installment of Rivkin Radler’s Healthcare Compliance Lunch & Learn series, Rivkin Radler Partners John Diviney and Tamika Hardy will discuss New Employment Laws and Regulations Regarding Marijuana in the Workplace. The program will cover the following topics:
- New state laws – New York Marijuana Regulation and Taxation Act, New York Labor Law Section 201-D, New York Human Rights Law, New York Penal Law, New York City Administrative Code
- Pre-employment testing and drug test
- Prior criminal convictions and background checks
- Reasonable accommodations – medical marijuana
- Evidence of impairment at work
- Update employment policies and employee handbooks
- Federal laws and regulations
The program will take place on Thursday, November 10, from 12:00 noon to 1:00 PM Eastern time via Zoom. Participants will be eligible for 1.2 CCB credits and 1 CLE credit in Professional Practice. The program will be moderated by Robert Hussar, a partner in Rivkin Radler’s Compliance, Investigations & White Collar and Health Services practice groups.
The program registration page is here. The Zoom link will be provided upon registration.
Sign up to receive Rivkin Rounds at www.RivkinRounds.com.