In this episode, Steve Fretzin and Keri Sicard discuss:
- Creating a truly virtual IP firm.
- Pitfalls of the current law firm model.
- Promoting collaboration (even through a commission model).
- Connecting and building culture in a virtual environment.
- The partnership law model was created in the early part of the 1900s. The world has shifted drastically in the last 100 years, but the law industry has not.
- Breaking the traditional law model format allows you to increase the attorneys take home from each of the cases.
- There are ways to connect and be together as a team without being in the same place and in the same office.
- Find your own happiness. That will look different for everyone, so don’t take your cues based on what someone else finds joy and fulfillment in.
“There are more people, like me, that don’t care about being partner. They just don’t want to have to work their life away. I would go five days in a row without seeing my kids when they were two, four, and six. And I don’t ever want anyone to have to ever do that.” — Keri Sicard
Book: Unfu*k Yourself: Get Out of Your Head and Into Your Life by Gary John Bishop
Connect with Keri Sicard:
Thank you to our Sponsors!
Legalese Marketing: https://legaleasemarketing.com/
Practice Panther: https://www.practicepanther.com/
Connect with Steve Fretzin:
LinkedIn: Steve Fretzin
Facebook: Fretzin, Inc.
Book: Legal Business Development Isn’t Rocket Science and more!
YouTube: Steve Fretzin
Call Steve directly at 847-602-6911
Show notes by Podcastologist Chelsea Taylor-Sturkie
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.
The post Keri Sicard: Building Your Law Practice Within Your Dream Life appeared first on FRETZIN, INC..