In this episode, Steve Fretzin and Jennifer Gillman discuss:
- Jennifer’s transition from litigation practice to legal recruiting.
- Why many lawyers are unhappy.
- The importance of a book of business.
- Growing and enjoying your career.
- There are a lot of differences from firm to firm. If you are unhappy in your job, it may not be the job itself, but it could be where you are working, what you are working in, or who you are working with.
- Cross-marketing allows you to bring in business in a different area even when your area of law is slower.
- Having a book of business gives you leverage, both at your current firm, and if you choose to leave.
- If you want to have freedom in your career, you need to have your own clients.
“If you have your own clients and you don’t like where you are, you don’t have to stay.” — Jennifer Gillman
Connect with Jennifer Gillman:
Thank you to our Sponsors!
Legalese Marketing: https://legaleasemarketing.com/
Practice Panther: https://www.practicepanther.com/
Connect with Steve Fretzin:
LinkedIn: Steve Fretzin
Facebook: Fretzin, Inc.
Book: Legal Business Development Isn’t Rocket Science and more!
YouTube: Steve Fretzin
Call Steve directly at 847-602-6911
Show notes by Podcastologist Chelsea Taylor-Sturkie
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.
The post Jennifer Gillman: Freedom in Growing Your Book appeared first on FRETZIN, INC..