The International Association of Food Protection (IAFP) Foundation Committee is promoting a new initiative, “4 for 40,” to raise $4 million by the Foundation’s 40th Anniversary in 2024.
IAFP represents a broad range of members with a singular focus — protecting the global food supply. Within the association, there are educators, government officials, microbiologists, food industry executives and quality control professionals who are involved in all aspects of growing, storing, transporting, processing, preparing and regulating all types of foods and beverages.
Working together, IAFP members representing more than 50 countries help the association achieve its mission through networking, educational programs, journals, career opportunities and numerous other resources
The Foundation is currently funded through contributions from corporations and individuals. A portion of the support is provided from the Sustaining Membership of IAFP. The Sustaining Membership Program is a unique way for organizations to partner with the Association.
“We live in a global economy and the way food is grown, processed and handled can impact people around the world. From a public health perspective, it often provides unique challenges to the food safety professional,” Iaccorging to a statement from the organization. “Combine these issues with the complexity of protecting the food supply from threats of intentional contamination and the challenges seem overwhelming. However, with our support the Foundation can make an impact on these issues.”
The Foundation is looking for continued support from individuals’ contributions, big or small, which make an impact on its programs.
Programs currently supported by the Foundation include:
- Travel support for IAFP Annual Meeting speakers
- Travel support for IAFP European Symposium speakers
- Travel support for speakers at global IAFP conferences
- IAFP Webinars
- Student Travel Scholarships for IAFP’s Annual Meeting
- Student Travel Scholarships for IAFP’s European Symposium
- Ivan Parkin Lecture
- John H. Silliker Lecture (Funded through a contribution from Mérieux NutriSciences, Inc.)
- Undergraduate Student Competition at IAFP’s Annual Meeting
- Developing Scientist Student Competition at IAFP’s Annual Meeting
- Developing Scientist Student Competition at IAFP’s European Symposium
- Travel Award for Food Safety Professionals in a Country with a Developing Economy
- Travel Award for State or Provincial Health or Agricultural Department Employees
For more information or to donate, click here.
(To sign up for a free subscription to Food Safety News, click here)