These are Instagram Stories which you may permanently display at the top of your feed. With the same format as that of Stories but with a different position, Highlights are not showing in your followers’ feeds, but are rather displayed on your Instagram profile.
Highlights may be considered as an element of your Instagram profile, and you may use these for showcasing the content which you wish to be projected to attract attention.
The following are a few of the effective ways to make use of Instagram Highlights:
- You may showcase product categories or collections.
- You may add the respective website links to each of these to drive users from your Instagram page to your site.
Here’s an example of how the clothing brand H&M has used Instagram Highlights to display various product categories:
- Announcing the launch of new products can be done effectively. This grabs attention quickly.
- Highlights may be used for Displaying hacks, tutorials, tips, and recipes that encourage prospective customers to try your products by educating them.
- Answer FAQs and clarify customer queries to enable them to make an information-based purchase.
The example below shows how a brand provides information about its policies, using Instagram Highlights:
- Showcase videos and pictures from your brand events using Highlights to engage the audience.
The example given here shows how Lakme, the cosmetics brand, has used Instagram Highlights to show footage from their brand events: