Deadline: 7 October 2022
The Institute for Global Law & Policy (IGLP) Harvard Law School calls for application for the 2023 Global Scholars Academy for junior faculty and postdoctoral scholars. Here, with the support of Harvard research faculty, conditions are presented for scholars to form sustainable, interdisciplinary and strong collaborations with their colleagues, while mastering and mapping the branches of political, economic, and legal power. The Academy envisages involving individuals who can develop new arguments within the framework of the current political problems of the world, based on ten years of Harvard Law School seminars and Stellenbosch’s cutting-edge interdisciplinary research. However, the researchers conducting the study will have knowledge of the following issues:
- the structural reproduction of poverty and inequality;
- the policy challenges and benefits of new technologies;
- links between local and global security;
- environmental sustainability, and the impact of environmental change on communities across the global South, women’s empowerment, SDGs;
- as well as the management of cultural differences, exclusion, and intolerance in a world of ever-increasing movement and communication.
- Applications are welcome from scholars from the Global South and those working on policy challenges of particular concern to communities in the Global South;
- Preference will be given to scholars who hold postdoctoral junior faculty positions;
- Students completing their doctoral work are also encouraged to apply.
You can follow this link to register.
You can visit the website for more information.