The Fall 2022 Edition of the quarterly IT & Data Protection Newsletter by Reed Smith Germany has just been released:
In this edition we cover the following topics:
- Make U.S. data transfers possible again: taking the first big step to EU–U.S. transatlantic data protection framework
- Advocate General: requirements for GDPR damages
- Fine due to a conflict of interest of the data protection officer
- Federal Supreme Court rules on obligations for providers of online platforms to monitor customer ratings
- Spanish data protection authority fines energy company €48,000 for insufficient identity verification
- Hamburg Regional Court: deletion claims by legal entities
- Legislation update
The newsletter also includes multiple recommendations for readings on data breaches, lead supervisory authorities, email account security, technical and organizational measures, data subject rights, and more.
We hope you enjoy reading it.