The Dallas Volunteer Attorney Program, an initiative of the Dallas Bar Association, Legal Aid of NorthWest Texas, and local law firms, is hosting free virtual and in-person legal clinics for eligible Dallas County residents throughout January.
All virtual clinics run Thursdays from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.:
- DVAP and Dallas Association of Young Lawyers Pro Bono Partners—January 5
- DVAP and DLA Piper—January 12
- DVAP and Alston & Bird—January 19
- DVAP and Haynes and Boone—January 26
DVAP’s in-person clinics take place Tuesdays:
- Veteran’s Clinic; VA Medical Center, 4500 S. Lancaster Rd., Dallas. Sponsored by DVAP and Sole Practitioners—January 6 at 1:30 p.m.
- South Dallas Clinic; Martin Luther King Jr. Community Center; 2922 Martin Luther King Blvd., Dallas. Sponsored by DVAP and Sole Practitioners—January 10 at 5 p.m.
- South Dallas Clinic; Martin Luther King Jr. Community Center; 2922 Martin Luther King Blvd., Dallas. Sponsored by DVAP and the Dallas Association of Law Librarians—January 24 at 5 p.m.
- West Dallas Clinic; West Dallas Multipurpose Center; 2828 Fish Trap Rd., Dallas. Sponsored by DVAP and the DBA Entrepreneurs in Community Lawyering—January 26 at 5:30 p.m.
For virtual clinics, Dallas County residents are asked to apply for free legal assistance through the online form available at https://tinyurl.com/DVAPClinic. After the form is completed, applicants can expect a phone call from an attorney through an unknown number labeled “No Caller ID” or something similar.
For information about the legal clinics, go to dallasvolunteerattorneyprogram.org. For free legal assistance any time, contact the DBA’s Lawyer Referral Service at DallasLRS.org. For media inquiries about the legal clinics, contact DVAP Director Michelle Alden at email@example.com.