As an adult player, you now have access to every Australian online casino. You can easily register with both new online casinos and operators with a long history on the market.
Which online casino will suit you best?
Operators with a long history in the market are considered. This way, you are betting on an experienced operator with a high level of security.
Main points: legality, license, security, reliable casinos
A legal online casino must have a license. If you decide to gamble, it is best if they are licensed in a reputable, well-known and respected jurisdiction in the industry by one of the following bodies:
- UK Gambling Commission
- Malta Gambling Authority
- Gibraltar Gambling Commission
- Curacao eGaming
However, the license does not only confirm the legality of the company. If you register at a casino with a license, you are sure that the casino is:
Legality – the license confirms that the respective operator operates legally. Playing in such a casino does not entail criminal or tax sanctions in the country that issued the license. Reliable – licenses increase the credibility of the company. The highest ratings are given to casinos with licenses from the most popular jurisdictions. They are subject to constant evaluation by regulatory authorities. For example, the eCOGRA certificate is important.
Safe – when registering at a casino, you provide confidential data (for example, payment card numbers, electronic banking data, online wallets, etc.) Licensed companies protect your data well.
Choose an online casino based on these 6 points
- Check what license the casino has. First on the list is to make sure the place you’re gaming at has the proper license. Without such a license, it is impossible for a casino to operate – in short, a casino without a license is illegal. To check whether your chosen site has such a license, it’s best to head to the bottom of the page – there should be a license logo there, along with a link to a page that will show you whether the license is current. If you’re still unsure whether a casino is legal, you can go to the Register of Prohibited Domains, a list of sites that should be disabled and blocked. If you find your casino there, you’d better look for another site!
- Familiarize yourself with payment methods. It’s also a good idea to learn about deposit and withdrawal limits. A rule of thumb to follow is – the more ways to deposit and withdraw from a casino, the better. How can you even do this? Most casinos allow deposits and withdrawals with credit cards, as well as third-party services such as PayPal, Neteller, or Skrill. It’s less common to encounter classic bank transfers, and some casinos allow you to deposit money using cryptocurrencies. Casinos operating sometimes also introduce BLIK payments, and online casino blik deposit has been gaining popularity recently. It is fast, convenient and uncomplicated.
- The casino should have additional security features. Here we mainly mean encryption of our data during payment. In addition to this, the site must have adequate protection for our personal information, which must be provided when registering a casino account – without it, you can’t play. Other account security features, such as two-factor login, are also a plus. A good casino also has RNG certificates, which certify that slots are not rigged against the player.
- Play at places that require account creation and verification. We mentioned this in the previous section, but now we want to expand on the topic. Any self-respecting casino must require registration from the player. During it, we need to provide some of our data, such as our name or date of birth. Casinos also require verification of our identity – usually by sending a photo of an ID or other document through the casino’s secure line. Players often look for places that do not require this, however. We do not recommend such steps – playing at an online casino that requires us to register and further verification is much more trustworthy.