In this episode, Alay and Eric discuss:
- Designing your law firm to suit your lifestyle and needs.
- What happens when you are not clear on the business you are trying to build.
- Digging deeper into your business.
- Delegating within a structure.
- As a law firm owner, there is vision work that needs to be done. You need to work on your business, not just in your business.
- Schedule “thinking time” and focus on a few key items.
- If you want to grow, you can go further with a team than on your own.
- When delegating, make sure you understand clearly what the other person needs in order to succeed.
- “It’s not the third or fourth or fifth or sixth idea, it’s sometimes the 10th or the 15th idea that is most powerful.” — Alay Yajnik
- “When you’re fighting fires all day, sometimes it’s good to pull back and really understand what’s the solution to fight it.” — Eric Kapral
- “If you think you don’t have any time, then you’re right.” — Eric Kapral
- “Most of us need to learn how to delegate. It is a skill that needs to be acquired. ” — Alay Yajnik
About Eric Kapral:
Eric Kapral helps law firm owners get clear on their vision for their firm, then implement that vision by aligning the attorneys and staff in the firm. Eric helps his clients achieve law firm success by helping them identify critical constraints, systems problems, and performance issues with attorneys and staff. Then, Eric guides his clients to implement specific changes that create additional profit, free up the owners’ time, and reduce their stress. As a Certified Practice Advisor, Eric brings over 25 years of business coaching and leadership experience in professional services.
Areas of Expertise:
Hiring and Management
Starting a New Law Firm
Connect with Eric Kapral:
Connect with Alay Yajnik:
One Page Strategic Plan: LawFirmSuccessGroup.com